Monday, January 26, 2009

What’s in a name?

One part of this whole crazy etsy process is naming my items.
Perhaps my names are not the shortest or most to the point, but one buyer told me once that he (yes this comment came from a man) loved the names of my books because it gave each one a soul before they had even been written in.
That is exactly what I am going for.

Besides the fact that I am a girl who likes to express herself, which I very much am (I think any way you express yourself, however small it may be, is very valuable and totally worthwhile- even if its just a book title and one sentence of description), I like to try to help people connect to a certain book. I think that connection is certainly aesthetic, but I think a good name can help build that connection as well.

PLUS its fun for me to try to describe my mood each day by choosing three books to feature.

One friend told me that she liked to check my shop each day as a way to check up on me. She said she could generally tell the basics of what was going on with me and how I was based on my current designs and titles.
It’s nice to have friends who care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!