Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a little to the left

For the last few days of being away and since I have been home I have had a hard time writing. I’m not sure what it is. There are things to say and plenty of inspiration, but I cant seem to formulate a consistent thought long enough to think it through, form an opinion, or write it down.

This lack of focus (in words at least)
is making me feel a little off.

So I have been going another direction.
Reading.
Reorganizing.
Changing around the order of things.

I got out some silver scraps and played around a little.
I don’t have a studio set up so I couldn’t do much,
but working with something besides paper was nice.
I will soon bring out the paint.

inspirationless moments are no fun.

Especially when I was expecting to be particularly inspired.
Screwy expectations can really cause trouble.

Anyway, action is helping.
So far so good.

Also for some reason this is one of my very favorite photos from the trip.
What can I say, I like rust, barbed wire, and ocean.
I think tonight is a night to
watch some Six Feet Under.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos all came out wonderful and make me long to travel there. I love how you captured each part of your trip and the happiness it brought you. what a way to start the new year!

    kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!