Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thoughts on self and frienship

Today I upset and old, dear friend.
Someone I care about.
And to be honest, it really feels pretty crappy.
I don't like feeling like a bad friend. In fact its very important to me to feel like a good friend.
But in friendships as in all relationships, there are going to be times when two people just don't see eye to eye.
So I am sitting here trying to find the balance between being good to myself and good to those I care about. And I am wondering if something being hurtful to someone I care about automatically makes it wrong, even if my sense of self tells me that it isn't.
Regardless,
today I find myself left with the fact that I hurt a friend.
Even if I didn't intend to.
And its no fun.

1 comment:

  1. All relationships are difficult. I always had trouble with female friends when I was in my twenties. I tell you, there are advantages to be being as old as me! I'm sure they know how much you care about them. This too shall pass x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!