Monday, July 20, 2009

a Monday morning…

what the weekend consisted of…
I finally made the stump necklace I have been dreaming of.
I went on an open-air train ride.
I halfway did the thing I was so afraid of – I still have a ways to go, but it was a good start.
I did too much working and not enough thinking, and not nearly enough relaxing (which I hope to remedy this week).
Once a friend of mine and I had the idea, that once a year is really not nearly often enough for resolutions. We decided that we enjoyed the process and wanted to do some mini version of it all every Monday morning. Because there is really no such thing as too many fresh starts. So here goes.
Resolutions:
I need to spend more time in nature, so my little life can seem appropriately small.
I need to strengthen my roots.
I want to be FEARLESS.
To not even be afraid to be vulnerable.
To let people get close.
To be honest.
To show my true face.
To not push people away as I have pushed so many.
I will not just be resigned to whatever I am handed.
If something is over I will embrace what’s next.
If something is starting that I do not want,
I will make a decision and say no.
I will move forward with purpose.
And here is a rather interesting result of my much too short studio time this weekend:
Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, and it is still a bit of a work in progress,
but I have an odd love for it.
I will call it the garden of letting go.
It was either that or alien garden. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!