Friday, June 26, 2009

a rant and a rave

Sometimes there are days when you want to see results.
When you want to see the fruits of your labor.
After you have worked hard and you are ready for a little reward.

Today is one of those days.

And I know I should be patient.
I know there are time lines and plans at work that I am not aware of.
I do try to be patient.
And I know that it is very likely that I will end up frustrated.

But sometimes a little reward would be nice.

Sometimes there is just not time enough in the day to do all the thing you want to do. And its unfortunate that I keep finding myself giving up things that I should not give up so easily.

I know I can still change, that every day is a new start, a chance to be better. But it’s hard to really believe that things will change when days go by and things stay more or less the same. I know the possibility of change is there, but it doesn’t seem to ever pan out. So its hard to really believe that it can or will happen.

I just don’t want to feel that I have wasted my life.I don’t even know exactly what I mean by that. But I think it’s worth thinking more about.

Sorry, this has been a bit of a rant. I decided to give myself permission today. Just one of those moody mornings I guess. It will pass.

On a more positive note:
Here are 10 things
I love that are in every day:

1. a hello to those I love
2. my pets
3. laughing at something ever so silly
4. a warm drink in the morning
5. the quite of being the first one awake
6. work
7. writing
8. planning
9. being outside and soaking it in
(whether it be rain or shine or storm –
last night was storm and I couldn’t help but sit on the porch and watch it)
10. creating something (whether it be jewelry,
a poem or a yummy dinner for T and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!