Thursday, May 5, 2011

the opposite of isolation



Lately I have felt a very strong connection to a selection of women who I know only through the internet.


They don't even know who they are necessarily since in some cases there has been no real interaction, but sometimes I read a post and the experience or thought or feeling that these women and I have shared is significant.


Today I am thankful for the feeling of connection and togetherness and not alone-ness that I have found through something as random as the Internet.


The idea that women and people in general, though we live in different places and under such incredibly different circumstances, can still have so many shared experiences and similar feelings is pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!