Thursday, January 27, 2011

a day for a drive

Today is a day to get out of town.
So that is what I'm going to do.
***
The last few days I have realized I have been allowing myself to only skim the surface of things. I haven't been looking deeper. At reasons. Motivations. Meanings. It may be easier in the sort run, but very quickly it gets old and empty and I miss the depth of things. So I am diving back in.
***
I have been thinking about giving
and being a friend to those who need one.
About letting the act of giving be
reward enough. And I have been
oddly content.
I have been enjoying the process
of creating, whether it be making a meal
or a painting.
Now its time for
a drive through the Gorge.
I will talk to you birds
tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! A drive can sometimes be just the right thing. Especially if you bring the right tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for going deeper. Hope you had a lovely drive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) It definitely did me good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!