Thursday, October 14, 2010

redefining purpose

lately I have been thinking a bit about
purpose and intention.

In relation to this
I decided its about time to
reevaluate and restate
my purposes for spending time
and sharing in this space.


After spending a little time thinking about it I have determined three topics and intentions that I want to and tend to focus on, and that I hope are valuable to those who join me here.

*

1. I am very interested in artistic people and in living a creative life. I love to share about my own creative life and experiences and to inspire and be inspired by all the others who are out there.
*
2. Its a place for me to express, and where I can encourage others to do the same. For me self expression is very important. Without it I go a little crazy.

AND I think its important to express and share the positive. I like to have a place to share whatever small bits of beauty or wisdom I come across.
*
3. Another purpose and aspect that I greatly value are the connections that I am able to make and feel with other people that I never would have met otherwise. There are some pretty amazing, artistic, and inspiring people out there and having a space like this allows me (and us) to connect with them (you :). That is super important to me and is one of my favorite things about continuing to spend time in this online world.

Its impossible to feel alone in choosing to pursue these creative endeavours when I know that there are so many others out there who struggle and thrive in much the same way I do. That feeling of connection is pretty awesome, and through this space I want to make sure others feel it too.
*
So there ya have it.
I'm glad I'm here in this little space of mine.
and I'm glad that YOU'RE here too.
Thanks for sticking with me :)
*
PS Of course my two shops are also mentioned here quite a bit, but to me that doesn't feel like a purpose. This space and my shops to me exist independently of each other (which many people might tell me is a bad thing actually speaking from a business perspective...), but I thought it was worth mentioning. :)
Have an excellent Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this too. I must say I agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri :) we are often on the same wavelength arent we. Wish you could come over for a cup of a tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!