Sunday, May 9, 2010

the joy of family

It is a lovely Sunday morning,
yesterdays garage sale was a success
and though I am a bit exhausted
and overwhelmed by the prospect of moving
across the country and changing
pretty much everything about my current life,
I am also full of hope for the future
and confidence that I can do what needs to be done
and make my life into
whatever I want it to be.
The last few days I have been thinking more clearly
about how lucky I am
to have the family that I have.
They are amazing. All of them.
And I am very lucky.
And very blessed.
In many many cases have not deserved the
unconditional love and support
that they have given me.
There has never been a time in my life when I didn't know
that if I called they would come.
That they would immediately do everything in their power
to make things better for me,
to ease whatever pain I was in.
Today I am especially thankful for my Mother
who has been the greatest example that I could have ever hoped for
and who has had to put up with more then she deserved.
Happy Mothers Day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a lucky girl! Your family sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky! Thanks! no one is perfect of course, but latley I have come to really see what I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!