Saturday, April 24, 2010

that elusive balance


Today more then usual I find myself seeking balance.
Seeking people who bring calm and laughter and good conversation
instead of drama and insecurity.
Even the air outside today feels a little unsettled,
like its trying with all its might to rain but hasn't quite made it there yet.
Its somehow a reminder to me to bring balance to my own soul.
To not just get used to living under that
constant cloud of wanting.


In the next few days and weeks I will be seeking it.
I will paint.
Read poems.
Take photographs.
Organize.
Bake bread.
De-clutter.
Write.
I will hold on to reminders.
I will be awake in the quiet and calm of the early morning
and I will spend time with those who uplift and love.


Go do something lovely
on this spring Saturday.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!