Monday, January 11, 2010

the kind of day today was...

today is one of those interesting days where i have thoughts like...
I wonder how a person gets more happiness in their life.
And then the answer that comes to me is... well, silly, the way you do that is to BE HAPPIER.

but maybe it actually is that simple.
Maybe?

Today is a day that i am finding it easier to have faith
in the fact or the idea or the hope that things WILL be ok.
that they will somehow, against all odds,
turn out right in the end.
And a small realization. i. have. regrets. I do. I have often admired those people who can go through life without them, but i am not one of those people. I'm just not. and that is something that i can fully accept about myself. but also i have realized that it is sometimes a very easy thing to fall into a deep sadness and sorrow that is related to these regrets i hold.
But today I am trying hard not to.
I heard someone say recently that what melancholy
really means is
waiting for inspiration.
And I am.
Both melancholy and waiting for inspiration.
But today is one of those beautiful and blissful days
where i have the feeling that it might be waiting around any corner,
that it might be somewhere close by
waiting for the right moment to pounce.
Today I am learning to be in less of a hurry.
I am stopping to breathe.
I am learning to find meaning in more and in simpler places,
in places where its easier to go.
Today I am allowing things to be simple.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. I feel the same as you but possibly with a bit more melancholy! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, it's always nice to know you're not the only one feeling like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.
    Yesterday I was really depressed, and today this post is resonating with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) i love knowing i am not the only one out there who thinks these things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!