Saturday, October 31, 2009

writing, being brave, and the view from my window when i woke up this morning

I have decided officially that I am going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year.
Basically what that means is I am going to write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November. (for more details go here!)

And I have to admit that it is a bit scary, but I am excited and am pretty sure it’s going to be a great experience. Knowing that I also work full time (at a pretty demanding job) have two etsy shops, a house to clean and take care of, and that I will be visiting family for a whole week during the month of November, is all slightly intimidating when I think of the rather large task at hand, BUT I have decided to not let those things stop me from doing something that I want to do that I have never done before.
To be honest I am less worried about not getting the thing written
then I am about ignoring and doing a bad job at everything else while I do it.
But it’s only a month after all.
Everything will still be there when my month is over.

A friend once told me to hold fear at arm’s length,
to never let it get too close.
I like that.

So here I go! :)
Wish me luck.

this is what the sky looked like when i woke up this morning.




2 comments:

  1. Cool idea. I think you should post a paragraph or two every 5 days or so then we can see the progress and keep encouraging you. I totally get that it is quantity versus quality which actually makes it kind of interesting, how many blah, blah, blahs can you include? :) Good luck, that's a lot of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea :) maybe i will! thanks for the support!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!