Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My last few days consisted of:
Time with my family of origin
Roller coasters
An amazing hike to a beautiful waterfall
Fireworks
Digging for geodes in the desert
A lazy Sunday
Playing cards
An adventure with lost car keys

Some of the greatest Mexican food ever


Thoughts brought on by coming home and a good book:

I sometimes feel like I am surrounded by hidden treasures with all the books I have not yet read.

I have become rather enamored with the idea of letting the ground rest. That to cultivate good and beautiful things there has to be a time devoid of creation, or at least where you do not feel you are creating to the best of your ability. Rest is necessary and good for the soul.

Also the idea of deciding what is enough. Some of us have a wanderer’s soul. So how do we wanderers know when it is time to stop and be content with where we are and what we have been given? – I think more will come on this one…

And last but not least… The idea that sometimes you need extremes. Sometimes the middle can be horrid. Sometimes on a scale of 1-10 a 5 is worse then a 1 or a 10. But maybe this one is just me…

PS. I am happy to be coming home to a few custom orders
which will give me a good reason to spend some quality time in my studio.
PPS. Lately I really love avocado…

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great few days. Especially the rollercoasters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun :)
    Maybe we all need to go on roller coasters a little more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!