Wednesday, June 24, 2009

thank you thank you!

I think the time has finally come for this post.
I am feeling oddly motivated today. We shall see if it lasts.
:)


So blog awards are pretty great.

I was recently awarded the lovely blog aware from this fantastic blogger. What I am slightly ashamed to tell you is that a few weeks ago I also received this award from this lovely blogger. And a week or so before that I received the Honest Scrap blog award from another amazing blogger. So after I received these awards and was thoroughly excited by them (I really was quite thrilled), in a very Susie like manner I proceeded to get busy and completely space out on the fact that getting them meant I was supposed to actually do something.

Silly silly me.
For my tardiness and spaceyness I do apologize.


So now I am trying to make amends by making one giant blog award post.


Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
- List 10 honest things about myself
- Put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
- Select 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
- Notify the bloggers of the award and the rules:
- Thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it


10 random honest things

1. If I could get away with it I would never wear shoes again
(except every once in a while I would put on a really great pair of heels).
2. I really love the outdoors and all things natural.
3. I love almost any sport or activity that has to do with or takes place in the water.
4. I cannot spell even though I was an English lit and editing major in college.
5. I love turbulence in airplanes and am not fully happy with a flight unless we have a little.
6. I was vegetarian for 3 years and didn’t eat red meat for 6 or 7.

I started eating meat again for health reasons
(it is possible to be a very healthy vegetarian, I just wasn’t one).
I still think about going back to it.
7. I have had painted toenails at all times for pretty much the last 15 years.
8. I have broken 11 bones.
9. I have been in 7 car accidents where the car was totaled

(I was only driving one of them).
10. I once got a very black eye dancing a little too wildly



Here are "the rules:"
1. When you place the award on your post, make sure to name the person who gave it to you and a link to their blog.
2. Pass the award onto 15 new blog sites, that you recently discovered. and list the blog with a link in your post.
3. Contact the people you chose to give the award, to let them know.


Blogs I would like to honor in no particular order:

Songs of light
A world of hope
Blue mountain ash
Musings of a melancholic
Thoughts and biro sketches
Pecanoot
Metals girl
it’s a lovely life
Unreliable girl
The noisy plume
Sunny rising

Oiseaux
Autumn leaves jewelry

Tiny happy

Adventures in color



I have decided to let you choose your award. Please pick whichever you liked best, participate if you please and then pass along the honor.

You are all certainly lovely bloggers and you share honestly of yourselves with your readers. I have been often inspired by you. So thank you and congrats!

1 comment:

  1. A very belated thank you for passing the award in my direction! I have a slight backlog as well but I'll start passing them on as soon as my little brain is back on top of everything again!

    xx Kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!