Monday, May 11, 2009

Compromise

This has been on my mind lately, and I am wondering how much is too much?
I think some is necessary in pretty much every area; otherwise you can’t really
interact with the world around you.

But I feel like I have been struggling with finding a good balance between having unreasonably high expectations and feeling like I am giving up on the world. Between feeling like I have settled for something less then what I wanted, and trying to be satisfied with what I have.

I hate the idea of feeling that I settled, like I have resigned myself to something, but I also have a fear of being too demanding, not to mention all the good things that I give up when waiting for that one specific thing that may or may not even exist.


And in the end I think we have to make our own priorities. Each choice has to be looked at and balanced on its own. And then once you have made your decision its best to trust it and not look back.

But like everything else, it’s a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!